I'm very excited for this coming Sunday night! I signed up to volunteer at the Girls Night Live featuring Mandisa, Laura Story and Anita Renfroe. I will be helping the lovely ladies in attendance purchase CD's, T-shirts, hats, and other items on sale at the merchant tables.
I did this once before when the Extraordinary Women's Conference came to town and really enjoyed it. It's a fun, fast paced environment and there are some perks. At the EWomen's conference I got a $10 credit to the table I was working at and I was excused to sit in on the conference if there was a specific musician or speaker I wanted to see. You can't beat that!!
Since I usually go by myself, I get to meet new people {and that's not easy for me}, it's fun hearing their story and where they came from. Who knows, that person you just spent the past 6 hours with at a concert/conference, might turn out to be a great friend for life.
And when I stop and think about the reason behind my volunteering...I truly feel like even if there wasn't a perk to it, that I would still volunteer. It's something I truly enjoy and no kind of payment is required.
I'm so glad that I went on a hunt for this opportunity to volunteer. It's going to be such an amazing time!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE getting comments, so please comment away!