
I have started a new weekly get-together on Wednesday mornings with my dear friend, Kati. She asked if I would like to have a weekly bible reading/study at our local donut shop before our day starts. I was a little hesitant because I knew I would have to get up twice as early, but I told her yes knowing it would be a total blessing.
This conversation was on a Sunday and the first time to meet up would be the next morning at 6:15. Well little did I realize then how hard it is to get up on a Monday morning, especially after traveling across the state of Oklahoma all weekend, would be?
I totally stood her up!
But by accident, of course!
I slept thru, or snoozed I’m not sure, my alarm and woke up at 6:26a with a text from Kati that read, ‘Girlfriend’.
Isn’t that the sweetest thing? She could have totally been rude, because you know that’s the way of the world when you get stood up.
So I replied, ‘I am so so sorry!’
When she replied, ‘That’s ok! I’ll take a quiet devotion in the parking lot of the donut shop any day.’
I was so relieved.
I could tell that she forgave me willingly and without hesitation.
What a great example of how our Almighty God does for us…all of us.
‘But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us and to cleanse us from every wrong.’ 1 John 1:9
So fellow sinner, don’t hesitate. Let him show his grace to you. It will lift a huge burden off of your shoulders, to make it easier to move forward with your relationship with Christ, family member(s), friend(s) or whoever it may be.
‘But when you are praying, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in heaven will forgive your sins, too.’ Mark 11:25
Who is God putting on your heart to forgive? He’s eager for you to forgive that person, so he can forgive you of your sins, in return.
Much Love,
Lindsey
look at your sweetness and encouragement! keep writing, it soothes the soul =) {good thing I forgave you, since you had to forgive me like two weeks later, eek!}
ReplyDelete