6.29.2011

It's my 6th Wedding Anniversary!!!

My husband, Addam and I are celebrating our 6th wedding anniversary.  The years have sure gone by fast, especially with kiddos.  We weren't your average dating couple.  Addam and I actually met online, Hot or Not.  I had added my picture and info only because of a past boyfriend who was serving in Iraq put his picture and info on there.  Once me and him broke up, I continued to use the website.  I remember going through the pictures of guys that were my age when I ran across his picture.  I wish I could find the picture that he had posted, it was such a good picture!

Fast forward 4 months on April 3rd, 2005, I called Addam to ask him if I could stop by on my way home from seeing my Dad in Grove.  He was out fishing with his Dad, Stepmom (ex-stepmom now) and his half brothers.  He gave me directions to the pond they were at and after that we were pretty much inseparable.

I currently worked in Jenks at BancFirst, but would get off work and make the 1 hour drive to see him at least 3 or 4 times a week for about a month.  On Sunday, May 8th, 2005 we took my Mom out for Mother's Day and this was also their first time to meet.  We then came back to Chelsea and was watching a movie when Addam asked me to marry him.  We were so happy and excited to share with our family and friends!

Addam was in college, so we were trying to plan a date where he was off of school and that our family could come and celebrate with us.  We felt that Thanksgiving Break was a good time, so it was set for November 26, 2005.  Well, that didn't last for long because we were in love and inpatient so the date changed to Wednesday, June 29, 2005.  We were able to invite only 20 of our closest family, since we had to pay for the amount of people who came.  Still to this day, I'm shocked that the family we did invite were all able to come to our wedding on a Wednesday at 2pm.  Man we're loved!  I would like to show a few pictures from that special day.


Addam and I at New Beginnings Chapel, Tulsa OK


It is so hard for me to keep my eyes open outside!


I love that dress!


My stud of a husband!


My mom, Susan and I


My sister and maid of honor, Laney and I


My dad, Terry and I


Addams family


My family

Needless to say, we have not had the perfect marriage, but by the grace of God, we've pulled through.  I'm excited to see what God has in store for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE getting comments, so please comment away!