7.06.2011

Heaven's New Angel

Today I got the news that my close friends, whom I met through my previous job, lost their 15 month old baby girl Alexa Rae.  She was in the driveway when her father accidentally ran her over.  That's really all I know of the situation.  The last time I saw them was at her 1st birthday party, 3 months ago.  This family has been through so much.  When I first met this family, I had taken a job where the mother, Gina was my boss.  She is a wonderful Christian woman and her husband Daniel is a wonderful Christian man.  They have such loving and compassionate hearts.  Once I got married and was living away from my parents, they were always there to lend a helping hand.  During our first year of marriage we moved twice and both times they just handed over the keys to their SUV, because my husband and I both had small cars at the time.  Gina and I always found time to go to lunch during the week.  We shared about our personal lives together.  She was always there to listen to anything I had going on.  We've even stayed in contact with each other after 5 years of me not working with her.  We're always willing to find a Christian concert to meet up at.

Daniel and Gina had a problem getting pregnant for years, so they turned to adoption.  Of course the wait is long and the price is high, but they were so determined on having a family.  Finally the day came where they were going to get their lil girl.  I was not able to really be around them with Alexa but two times.  But I know with all the love that I saw in their hearts, I know that they were terrific parents.  They had an awesome family and support system the whole way.  I love this family so much.  It just breaks, literally tears my heart into pieces.  I don't understand and will never know the answers of God's timing.  All I vision is beautiful little Alexa dancing on the streets of gold with our amazing Heavenly Father.  Until the day we meet again, Heaven's New Angel.


Alexa Rae, 5 months old

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE getting comments, so please comment away!