I hope you had a great holiday weekend. Our weekend started off just like any other weekend. Addam had a lot of school work to get done before the holiday so that could be off of his plate. I had a lot of cleaning to do before the holiday so I could be stress free about how it looks when I had family and friends come visit. I love it when my house is clean! It's amazing how fast it can get cluttered and back to the way it was before. I've come to realize that only mom's who stay home are able to have a clean home and those mom's that work all day will have the messier house. It's hard for me to accept sometimes, but I must swallow and move at my own pace.
Saturday, Addam's mom, Cheryl came to watch the kids so that we could go do our running around stress free. It's so nice to get to go shopping and actually eat inside a restaurant without having to get on to and chase kids around everywhere. I had bought a Groupon for a teeth whitening, so I was able to get that done while we were out and about. If you've never heard of Groupon or just not been willing to try it, you should! It's a daily deal website that you just sign up to get their daily email of their daily deals from businesses in your area or some that are online only. I was able to get the teeth whitening for only $15 when it was originally $50, I was able to get a $10 off discount for referring friends and family and they make their first purchase on Groupon. :) Here is my link to Groupon, if you would like to check it out.
Sunday we struggled to get everyone dressed and ready for church, as usual. Got to church and McKenzie just had to sit with us in service and she did do a lot better than the first time. She just likes to ask a lot of questions. :) After church we had to make a quick run to WalMart for Addam's hoagie bread, so we made a quick run to the Murphy's USA to pick up my FREE bag of Skittles! If you would like more information on how to get FREE products at Murphy's USA, click here and you can sign up to get their emails with coupons! Once we had the Skittles in hand, McK decided to play a little game where we would reach our hand into the back seat and she would use a straw to blow the Skittles into our hand. Oh what cheap entertainment. The rest of the day was spent relaxing, doing some chores and preparing for the next day.
Monday, 4th of July, I was woke up by my alarm that is typically for a day of the week that I would have to go to work. Well I forgot to move the alarm to Tuesday, so I was up at 6am. :) 'Oh well,' I thought, it gave me time to finish what didn't get done on Sunday since we were having company that evening. I was able to arrange a babysitter while Addam and I played in the softball tournament going on across the street from our house. So at 10:30 we headed to the park and played one game and lost. Then had to wait another 2 hours before we played again. Thankfully, Luke was able to catch a quick nap in between games and then I had to run him up to The Gibson's. We ended up winning the second game, so we were still in the tournament. I on the other hand was done for the day. I woke up that morning with my ankles and left knee bothering me, so playing softball wasn't helping it. So I decided to take a quick shower and go pick the kids up.
McK wasn't quite ready to come home and The Gibson's were going to go swim again real quick, so we traded McK for their lil girl Emmyn. She is such a doll! I was worried she wouldn't want to stay with me, since she never had before but she did awesome! It was Luke that wasn't having it. He whinned and cried the whole time. After they got done swimming, Addam finally came home from playing softball...we lost. That's okay because the tournament didn't end for another 3 hours! Way to long in way too hot weather! Gma Shore came shortly after, so we started to charcoal. We waited and waited, no one else showed up. I know this took awhile to get to my point...but it truly sucked that no one else made. At the last minute, 6 people bailed on us and we were expecting another 6 to show up, but didn't until much later. I think I'm burned out on trying to get family together and have a good time. It never seems to work out when you want it to the most. But I am thankful for my Gma coming. I know that when she says she'll be there, she'll be there. I just have such high expectations I guess. I just need to be thankful...
No comments:
Post a Comment
I LOVE getting comments, so please comment away!